Thursday, March 20, 2008

It's Spring!

OK, today is the first day of Spring. It started at something like 12:40am. In loverly Minnesota, we get our first day of Spring, about 8 hours of sunshine...then it's supposed to snow tonight. We're in for a frigging snowstorm!

Granted, it should melt by this Sunday.

This morning, my daughter was taking a shower in our downstairs bathroom. I've set it up so that she's safe and monitored, so I usually don't worry - and I trust her to be careful. My wife and I were upstairs making lunches and chatting. My wife had the radio on, listening to her favorite morning show.

Suddenly, she hissed "Quiet!" seriousness flaring on her features. Her ear was cocked towards the downstairs doorway like one of those hunting dogs on the scent; intent for a signal.

"What?" I exclaimed

"Is she crying?!" she said "turn off the radio!"

I hurried over to the radio and turned it off. Silence engulfed our kitchen as I strained to hear sounds of my daughter crying.

Instead of crying, my wife barked out in laughter.

"She's singing to her barbies '...Do you like my booty?' and giggling".

I could hear my daughter's wonderful little girl laughter and knew it was ok.

No comments: